The Aegean Team with 11 inflatable boats and the “boat- ambulance - MINAS E” of the Aegean Team that is equipped with medical instruments of preventive medicine will visit the following islands:
SIKINOS, SCHINOUSA, AMORGOS, PATMOS, LIPSOI, ARKIOI, AGATHONISI, THIMENA and FOURNOUS.
During the course of the crossing the Team:
- Will deliver to the kindergartens and the schools of the islands instructional and teaching material, computers, fax, slide machines, photocopiers, musical instruments, sporting goods etc.
- Cultural events will take place: On May 10nth the grand- opening of the multi-field that was structured at the yard of the School of Sikinos Island will take place, and on Wednesday May 16th the wine festival at Lipsoi island will open with the presence of a clown. On Friday May 18th an event will take place at the square of the island of Fournous with clowns and stilt walkers, and on Saturday May 19th a football match will take place at the 5x5 football field, which the team structured and donated to the island, with the participation of pro-football players Nikopolidis and Basinas.
- The Doctors of the Team, that will be 25 this year, will perform medical tests of the following specialties:
|MICROBIOLOGY||OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY|
|PSYCHIATRY||BLOOD VESSEL SURGERY|
In addition clinics of preventive medicine and treatment of skin cancer, gynecological cancer, as well as diseases of thyroid and ultrasound will be in place.
To all the residents of the islands a complete blood panel of hematology and biochemistry will be performed.
To the children of the islands the following preventive check- up will be performed that will include: check for scoliosis and kyphosis, cardiology, dental, E.N.T., ophthalmology and orthopedics.
All residents with special needs that will be unable to visit the doctors, home visits by the Team’s Doctors will take place.
On May 14th a presentation that will have medical content will take place.
The Aegean Team, during the last years, between others, has structured and donated the following:
- A desalination plant at Sikinos that covers the needs of the island in drinking water all year around including summer months.
- 6 football fields 5x5 at Lipsoi, Patmos, Astipalaia, Sikinos, Fournous and Agathonisi ialands.
- One multi-field at Fournous island of Ikaria.
- 15 children playgrounds at: Lipsoi, Fournous, Schinousa, Pserimos, Agathonisi, Arkioi, Donousa, Koufonisi, Kastelorizo, Patmos and Sikinos islands.
- 2 closed gyms at Koufonisi and Lipsoi islands and 1 mini-gym at Donousa island.
- A filter of reverse osmosis of water at Thimena island and then supply of water to the settlement of Keramidous in the same island.
Responsible for contact:
Basilis Athanasiou: 210-3617150/6977-207030
Nick Tsigos: 6944-410910